Receive alerts from your local agencies
...or text your ZIP CODE to 888777 for mobile alerts

Full Notification

Napa County OES
Wednesday October 30th, 2019 :: 03:52 p.m. PDT


Napa County residents with extra food waste from power loss have options for disposal.

Napa County residents who have extra food waste due to power outages can dispose of it in multiple ways.

Customers of Upper Valley Disposal & Recycling have two options for throwing away their spoiled food. If they have extra perishable waste that does not fit into their regular waste cart, they can place it in their green waste cart.

Customers must notify Upper Valley Disposal & Recycling that they will using their green waste cart for food disposal. The cost will be $18.
Call Upper Valley Disposal & Recycling at 707- 963-7988, Monday through Friday, 8am-4:30pm.

Customers can also take their food waste to the Clover Flat Landfill, 4380 Silverado Trail, Calistoga, CA 94515. The landfill is open Tuesday through Saturday, 9am-4pm, and Sundays 9am-3pm. They are closed on Mondays.

For customers of Napa Recycling & Waste Services and Napa County Recycling and Waste Services, they should place unpackaged food waste in their gray landfill cart for pickup. All food and paper must be separated from non-compostable plastic or metal packaging.

Commercial customers with large amounts of packaged spoiled food can contact Napa Recycling & Waste Services for special pickup service. Call 707-255-5200.

For American Canyon customers, call Recology at 707-552-3110 for information on food waste disposal.

Napa County OES
1195 3rd St
Napa, CA 94559

Emergency: 9-1-1
Non-emergencies: 707-299-1892

Navigate & Discover