- Monday February 27th, 2012 :: 08:12 a.m. PST
(21) Officers responded to the corner of Civic/Walnut on a report of an elderly female who suffered a self inflicted gunshot wound. Several Kaiser Hospital employees, on a lunch-time walk, witnessed the shooting and summoned emergency room doctors for aid. The female was transported to San Jose Regional Hospital (Trauma Center) where she was pronounced dead.
(27): Officer Peters arrested an adult female on Mission at Pine for providing false identification to a peace officer and for driving on suspended DL.
(31): Officer Hamblin and FTO Baca arrested an adult male for misdemeanor domestic violence.
(29): Officer Candler investigated a late reported street robbery that occurred at Safeway 5 Corners on 2/23/12. The suspect threatened the victim with “mace” and stole his bicycle. The victim identified the suspect as a local transient male. Officer Candler tracked down the male and arrested him on a warrant and also for the robbery.
(32): Commercial burglary occurred sometime last week at 44000 block of Osgood Road. The suspect apparently cut through the fence and stole an undetermined amount of copper wire. Case investigated by CSO Goralczyk.
(06): Officer Blass conducted a vehicle stop on Decoto Road. He found the driver under the influence. The adult male was arrested for DUI and traffic warrants.
(03): Officer Blass investigated a carjacking that occurred on Calypso Terrace. The victim advised her silver Camaro was taken at gunpoint by three Hispanic males at the Charter Square shopping center.
(04) (05): Officer Chahouati and C. Tang responded to Saddlerack to investigate a battery. Officer Chahouati arrested a male for public intoxication. Officer C. Tang arrested another male for battery and public intoxication after he was released from WTH.
(44): Residential Burglary: Occurred on Theta Court while the victim was away from the home for one hour at 2040 hours. Probably interrupted as the loss was scattered along the backyard.
(24) Minor Injury, Washington/Ellsworth Ofc. Peters investigated:
The driver forgot to put the vehicle into park and the vehicle rolled back over another person’s foot.
(33) Minor Injury: Paseo Padre/Isherwood Ofc. Fullenbach investigated: A bicycle rider had a medical episode and lost control of their bicycle. The bicyclist collided with a vehicle.
(14)Officer Merrill stopped a vehicle in the area of Capitol/Liberty and contacted the driver, an adult male was on probation for burglary and Officer Merrill conducted a probation search. During the search, a small amount of marijuana was located in the vehicle. the male was issued a citation for the marijuana.
(13) CSO Anders investigated several instances of gang-related graffiti in the area of Gifford/Stanley. Ultimately, six homes on Gifford suffered some type of graffiti (spray paint).
(27): Officer Chandler arrested an adult male for public intoxication at Target.
(30): Officer Fuellenbach and FTO Ferrara stopped a male on Fremont at Thornton and arrested him on a drug related warrant and possession of drug paraphernalia.
(22): A female out walking on Farwell Dr. near Mowry was flagged down by a male in a red Honda Accord asking for directions. The female approached the vehicle and saw the male expose himself. The suspect was described as a Filipino adult male, 30’s, wearing a red T-shirt. Partial plate on the Honda was 4VS.
(29): An adult male was assaulted and robbed on Stevenson Place by a suspect described as a black male, 45 years old, curly hair and wearing a red vest. The suspect knocked the victim out and stole his laptop computer. The victim was transported to a local hospital by ambulance. The suspect has not been located at this time.
(31): Two males were arrested for weapons violations on Bay St.
(02) – FPD units were dispatched to the area of Seneca Park Ave for reports of a promiscuous shooting. A reporting party stated she heard multiple shots fired from a party and saw people running from the area. After interviewing numerous partygoers, it was determined a group had crashed a party. When they left the party, an argument occurred on the street near the party and three rounds were fired. One casing was found at the scene. There were no injuries. Ofc. Wilson investigated the incident.
(06) – Ofc. Blass was dispatched to an incident where a male was brandishing a knife at his adult sister and her boyfriend inside their residence before fleeing in a vehicle. Ofc. Blass stopped the vehicle and detained the male. The investigation revealed the male was intoxicated and kicked in his sister’s bedroom door before threatening his sister and her boyfriend with the knife. The boyfriend was armed with a handgun and warded off the male before the male fled in the vehicle. The male was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon and DUI.
(07) – Ofc. Stillitano was dispatched to an incident where a male hit a parked vehicle and possible fight ensued. An adult male was contacted on scene and was arrested for DUI.
(18) Officer Dexter arrested an adult male for being drunk in public
(22) Officer Hamblin arrested an adult male for being drunk in public.
(23) Officer Sanders arrested an adult female for an outstanding misdemeanor warrant.
(33): A female victim reported that she was “inappropriately” touched by a male suspect while shopping at the Hub Target store. The suspect was described as a Hispanic male, 23 years, 504, 150, wearing a all black and carrying a black backpack.
(04): Officer Stillitano investigated a restraining order violation on School St. He arrested an adult male for his outstanding DUI warrant.
(37): Officer B. Johnson conducted a traffic stop near Fremont Blvd and Mowry Ave. He arrested an adult male for three outstanding warrants.
(38): Officer Snyder conducted a traffic stop near Automall Pkwy and Grimmer Blvd. She arrested an adult male for DUI.
(03): Officer C. Tang conducted a traffic stop near Fremont Blvd and Walnut Ave. He arrested an adult male for DUI.
(04): Officer Butcher conducted a pedestrian stop at Taco Bell (Grimmer) and arrested an adult male for public intoxication.
(39): Residential burglary occurred on Barnfield Court. Victim returned after two days and discovered the burglary. Point of entry was likely a bedroom window. The house was ransacked. Officer Blass investigated.
(32): A fatal collision involving a single vehicle and a pedestrian occurred at approximately 1833 hours on Walnut Ave. west of Fremont Blvd. The involved vehicle was a Toyota mini-van driven by an adult male. The pedestrian, an adult female, was transported to Eden Hospital and later died. The driver was cooperative and did not show any signs of alcohol consumption. Case being investigated by Traffic Officers Snow & Peters.
Fremont Police Department (CA)
2000 Stevenson Blvd
Fremont, CA 94538