- Wednesday June 25th, 2014 :: 09:17 a.m. CDT
9-1-1 service to Fremont and some of Angola is not working due to a cut line. Go to local fire department if emergency arises.
Frontier Communications says a cut in a fiber optic line between Angola and Coldwater has knocked out 9-1-1 service in some areas. Fremont and Angola are the only areas affected in Steuben County and their fire departments have been called in to man their stations. If you have an emergency in Fremont or Angola, you are asked to go to those fire departments. Steuben County Communications says it will be at least midday before the problem is fixed.
Go to local fire station if emergency arises. Cell phones can still call 911 in these areas.
Steuben County Sheriff's Office
206 E Gale St
Angola, IN 46703
- Minor - Minimal to no known threat to life or property
- Unknown - Urgency not known
- Observed - Determined to have occurred or to be ongoing
- Utility, telecommunication, other non-transport infrastructure
- Telecommunications Emergency