- Monday February 17th, 2014 :: 10:53 a.m. CST
Snow Emergency Declared for MONDAY, February 17th beginning at 4:00 PM for City of Janesville
The City of Janesville has declared a snow emergency for February 17th beginning at 4:00 PM. A snow emergency means that all parked vehicles must be removed from city streets and public parking lots until snow plowing operations are complete. To ensure that you do not receive a parking ticket, please move your vehicle prior to 4:00 PM and keep your vehicle off city streets until they have been completely plowed.
The best place to park during a snow emergency is in your garage or driveway. If you are unable to park in a driveway or garage, please park in one of the designated snow emergency parking stalls. These stalls are located in the seven downtown municipal parking lots listed below.
- East Wall Street Lot at East Wall Street & North Parker Drive
- Municipal Building Lot at West Wall Street & North Jackson Street
- South High Street Lot at West Court Street & South High Street
- Senior Center Lot at St. Lawrence Avenue & Water Street
- Hedberg Public Library Lot on Water Street
- River/Union Street Lot at South River Street & Union Street
- North Parker Drive Parking Ramp at North Parker Drive and East Wall Street
When you arrive at the lot, look for the signs designating the snow emergency parking stalls. Fines for parking on the streets during a snow emergency are $50. The Police Department may begin issuing tickets to violators before plowing operations begin.
Janesville residents can get additional snow emergency information from the City's website or by calling 755-SNOW. To report problems or concerns, please call the City Services Center at 755-3110.
Janesville Police Department
100 N Jackson St
Janesville, WI 53548