- Tuesday December 31st, 2013 :: 11:08 a.m. PST
New Year's Eve Pet Safety!!
New Year’s Eve Pet Safety Tips:
• Make sure your pet is wearing a collar with identification tags with current information. Micro-chipping your pet is always advised.
• Keep your pet indoors in a quiet area that is familiar to them with fresh water and provide dogs several safe chew toys.
• Dogs who are crate trained may feel safest in their kennels. Cats will do best in a bathroom or utility room with food, water and their litter box.
• Frightened outdoor dogs have been known to jump high fences and dig holes to escape the sound of fireworks. Indoor animals should be kept away from large glass windows or doors because when scared they are capable of crashing right through.
Santa Clara Police Department
601 El Camino Real
Santa Clara, CA 95050
Lieutenant Kurt Clarke