- Monday July 15th, 2013 :: 08:20 a.m. EDT
Hot and Humid conditions will begin today and continue thru Fri. Temps will be in low 90' with heat indices near 100.
Hot! Hot! Hot!
The heat wave will begin today as high temperatures rise into the low 90's. Temperatures and dewpoints will increase through out the week which will give heat index values near or above 100 degrees Tuesday through Friday.
Heat is one of the leading weather-related killer's in the United States so it is extremely important to be prepared.
1. If you must be outside, wear sunblock, a hat and sunglasses to limit exposure to Ultra-Violet rays.
2. DRINK PLENTY OF WATER. Avoid drinks that contain caffeine.
3. Wear lightweight, light colored clothing.
4. Take frequent breaks in the shade or air conditioned vehicles or buildings.
5. Know the signs of heat exhaustion and heat stroke (skin begins to feel hot, headache, dizziness, nausea or vomiting). SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION if your or someone you know is experiencing these symptoms.
Check on Family, Friends and Neighbors who do not have air conditioning or do not have the ability to get to a building with air conditioning.
Don't forget pets and outdoor animals... provide them with plenty of fresh water.... keep them in shaded areas... and limit the amount of time they are confined in areas without air flow. NEVER LEAVE ANIMALS IN A PARKED VEHICLE
Marshall County Emergency Management Agency
112 W Jefferson St
Plymouth, IN 46563