- Thursday December 27th, 2012 :: 10:07 a.m. EST
Travel "Advisory" status issued yesterday (12/26/2012) has been cancelled.
The Marshall County Board of Commissioners have cancelled a “Travel Advisory” that was issued yesterday (12/26/2012) for Marshall County.
However, we want to remind people to be safe while driving by taking the following actions:
1. Give yourself additional time to reach your destination.
2. S-L-O-W down and increase your following distance.
3. Carry a “winter storm survival kit” in your vehicle that includes: a cell phone and charger, flashlight, blanket, extra clothing, first aid kit, snack food, a small can and water proof matches to melt snow for drinking water, tow rope, a sack of sand or cat litter for traction, a small shovel, jumper cables, flares or an orange flag to tie to your antenna.
4. Keep your gas tank full
5. Let someone know your timetable and route of travel in case you get stuck.
Marshall County Emergency Management Agency
112 W Jefferson St
Plymouth, IN 46563