- Saturday May 22nd, 2010 :: 11:52 a.m. EDT
Morning report has been posted
1. Gunshots- 255 West Hazel St. @ 0050 hours. Shotspotter reported 4 gunshots in front of 255 W. Hazel St., there were also several calls reporting the same. Officers located a crime scene that consisted of 5 shell casings and two cars that each had a window shot out. The casings were collected and put into the property room.
2. Homicide - East St./Humphrey St.@ 0217 hours. Officers were working at Humphreys Restaurant during closing when they heard a single gunshot and called it in. A short time later they located a victim that was shot in the chest in a SUV parked at the corner of East St. and Humphrey St. The crime scene was secured.
3. Gunshots 77 Level St. @ 0127 hours. A Marquise Norfleet of 361 Whalley Ave, stated he was visiting his sister on Wayfarer Street when he heard 10-12 shots and a group of black males, ages 18-20, standing in front of apt. #33. A canvas of the area yielded one spent shotgun shell casing in front of the same address. Possible ongoing dispute. Several incidents on file for the same location.
4. Gunshots - Edgewood and Garden St. @ 0415 hours. An anonymous caller stated they heard 4-5 shots in this area. A canvas of the area yielded negative ballistic results. Nothing was reported on shotspotter.
5. Robbery - Davenport and Orchard @ 0122 hours. The victim, Chamsou Mbengue (D.O.B 4/25/76), a taxi driver for Metro Taxi, picked up two fares who were sitting on the front porch of 112 Greenwood St. He described the passengers as two black males, both in their 20's, both wearing black hoodies, both 6'00, and one skinny and the other husky. They told him to drive to 240 Orchard St but directed him to Orchard St and Davenport Ave. The skinny perp put a revolver to his head and made him pull over. They demanded his money and he handed over $150 and his Blackberry cellphone. They fled on foot in unknown directions.
1. Robbery - Crown/York @1705hours. The suspect is a white female, 5'7'', 125lbs, curly black hair, pink halter top, black tights, in possession of a black revolver, driving a silver Mercury Sable. The 31 year old male victim recently moved to Connecticut from Louisiana and was at the train station.The female offered him a ride She drove the victim around for a while, and at Crown and York she pulled out the revolver, robbed the victim of his laptop, and told him to get out of her car. The female was last seen driving east on George St. toward Church St. Id of the suspect is possible.
Any Information about anyof the above crimes call 203 946-6316
New Haven Police Department
1 Union Ave
New Haven, CT 06511
Officer Joe Avery