Receive alerts from your local agencies
...or text your ZIP CODE to 888777 for mobile alerts

Full Notification

Kensington Police Department
Sunday April 19th, 2015 :: 09:40 a.m. EDT


Armed suicidal suspect taken into custody in Kensington.

On Thursday (4/16/15) just before mid-night we received a report of an adult male who was making suicidal threats and was armed with a firearm. Officer Wrobleski, who was on duty at the time, was at Exeter Hospital with a subject he had arrested a short time earlier for Driving While Intoxicated. Since offer Wrobleski was tied up with his arrest it was requested that the State Police cover the call for us. I have included the press release put out by State Police about the incident. This was a very dangerous situation that ended in the best way possible. I'd like to thank the State Police and the other responding agencies for their assistance.

Chief Sanders

“On April 16, 2015 at approximately 2357 hours, Troopers from the NH State Police, Troop-A received a report of a male subject threatening suicide to a third party via Facebook Messenger, from an Amesbury Road residence in Kensington. As Troopers responded to the residence to check the welfare of the subject, information was relayed through Rockingham County Dispatch that the male subject had subsequently contacted a friend via Skype, and displayed a handgun to the friend while making suicidal threats.

Arriving Troopers and local officers from Hampton Falls and Seabrook established a hasty perimeter around the residence. A short time later the male subject appeared at a side door brandishing a revolver style handgun. The subject failed to comply with verbal commands to exit the doorway, and retreated back into the residence and out of sight. Moments later, the subject re-emerged along with a female subject and exited the residence unarmed. Both subjects were taken into custody at gun point. The male subject was identified as Timothy Curtis, age 19, of Kensington, NH. The female, identified as Curtis' mother, Lauren Curtis, age 57, was temporarily detained for officer safety and released.

While clearing the residence, Troopers encountered a second male subject, identified as Curtis' father, Gregory Curtis, age 62. He was also temporarily detained for officer safety and released. Troopers also located a .22 caliber handgun on the living room couch, and a loaded .25 caliber handgun in Curtis' bedroom. The handguns, along with multiple machete and military style knives were seized from the residence during a consent search. The weapons were relinquished to the custody of the Kensington Police Department. Curtis later advised Trooper Locke that he had unloaded the .22 caliber handgun when he retreated back into the residence. Trooper Locke located nine .22 caliber rounds on his person.

Curtis was transported to the Exeter Hospital, where he was released to the custody of hospital personnel for a mental health evaluation.

Assisting with this incident were officers from the Seabrook Police Department, the Hampton Falls Police Department, and the Kensington Police Department.

Anyone with information pertaining to this incident is asked to contact Trooper Matthew Locke, New Hampshire State Police, Troop-A, at (603)223-8490.”

Kensington Police Department
95 Amesbury Rd
Kensington, NH 03833

Emergency: 9-1-1
Non-emergencies: 603-772-2929

Navigate & Discover