- Wednesday March 6th, 2013 :: 04:05 a.m. EST
Per the Randolph County Commissioners, Randolph County is under a travel warnings.
The Randolph County Commissioners are issuing a travel warning for Randolph County. Randolph County Highway is reporting that they are unable to keep Randolph County highways open due to excessive winds and continuing snowfall.
At this time, all county offices remain open. The decision to open or close county offices will be re-evaluated later this morning.
A Warning means that travel may be restricted to emergency management workers only. During a "warning" local travel advisory, individuals are directed to:
(A) refrain from all travel;
(B) comply with necessary emergency measures;
(C) cooperate with public officials and disaster services forces in executing emergency operations plans; and
(D) obey and comply with the lawful directions of properly identified officers.
Travel only if actually necessary unless you work in emergency services. Check with your employer and see if you are to report to work.
Randolph Co. Homeland Security & Emergency Management
325 S Oak St
Winchester, IN 47394
Randolph Co HSEM
- Moderate - Possible threat to life or property
- Expected - Responsive action SHOULD be taken soon (within next hour)
- Observed - Determined to have occurred or to be ongoing
- Law enforcement, military, homeland and local/private security
- Traffic Emergency