- Thursday July 26th, 2012 :: 09:51 a.m. CDT
Currently Investigating several rural barn fires. MCSO looks to community for assistance in reporting suspicous persons/ activity
Sheriff Keith Nygren announced today the active investigation of multiple fires in the rural McHenry County area. Since May 29, 2012, there have been several fires in rural Woodstock, Marengo, Huntley, and Harvard involving hay barns. In addition to the fires in McHenry County: Kane County and Boone County have also experienced barn fires in their respective jurisdictions.
The McHenry County Sheriff’s Office is working in conjunction with neighboring county, local police and fire departments and the state fire marshal. The investigation to determine cause and origin and possible criminal activity is ongoing. To date, one fire in the 22500 block of River Road is deemed to be suspicious in nature.
The following is a list of the fires the McHenry County Sheriff’s Office is investigating:
• 1100 Block of N Queen Anne Rd, Woodstock. Date of Fire: 05/29/2012 7:26 PM
• 11100 Block of Payne Rd, Marengo Date of Fire: 06/05/2012 1:32 PM
• 18400 Block of Lincoln Rd, Harvard Date of Fire: 06/28/2012 3:10 PM
• 13900 Block of Harmony Rd, Marengo Date of Fire: 06/29/2012 10:36 PM
• 13911 Block of Pleasant Valley Rd, Woodstock Date of Fire: 07/10/2012 10:06 PM
• 22500 Block of River Rd, Marengo Date of Fire: 07/23/2012 11:25 AM
The Sheriff’s Office wants to make sure that the rural farming community is aware of this information. We encourage suspicious activities to be reported immediately and appreciate the support from our community. Sheriff Keith Nygren requests that anyone with information regarding this investigation contact either the McHenry County Crime Stoppers Tip Line at 1-800-762-STOP (7867), The McHenry County Sheriff’s Office Tip Line at 815-338-2144, or the tip line email address: TipLine@co.mchenry.il.us. Callers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a reward up to $1,000.00 for information leading to the arrest and prosecution of the offender(s). Crimestoppers does not use caller ID.
McHenry County, IL Sheriff's Office
2200 N Seminary Ave
Woodstock, IL 60098