- Sunday July 8th, 2012 :: 06:55 p.m. CDT
6:55 PM: New Severe Thunderstorm Warning in effect for East Central St Louis Co through 7:30 pm CDT
The National Weather Service issued a new Severe Thunderstorm Warning for East Central St Louis County through 7:30 pm CDT.
Additional details are available here:
Torrential rainfall is expected with this storm and may lead to flash flooding.
At 6:44 PM CDT the storm was located near Cahokia, IL, moving WEST at 15 mph with wind gusts of 60 mph and penny sized hail.
Communities affected include Lemay, Mehlville, and East Carondolet.
A weather warning indicates a confirmed, current and present danger to this area.
Take necessary safety precautions.
Move to an interior room on the lowest floor of a building. Do not drive through flood roadways.
St Louis County MO Office of Emergency Management
14847 Ladue Bluffs Crossing Dr
Chesterfield, MO 63017
- Severe - Significant threat to life or property
- Immediate - Responsive action SHOULD be taken immediately
- Observed - Determined to have occurred or to be ongoing
- Meteorological (inc. flood)
- Severe Thunderstorm Warning