- Wednesday May 9th, 2012 :: 01:59 p.m. PDT
MERRAG Training - Electrical Safety for Responders & Volunteers 5/10/12 Montecito Fire Headquarters - 10:00 am.
MERRAG Special Training - Electrical Safety for Responders and Volunteers
WHEN: May 10, 2012 - 10:00AM - 12:00PM
WHERE: Montecito Fire Headquarters - 595 San Ysidro Rd., Montecito, CA 93108
First responders and volunteers often encounter electrical hazards during wind events, and after disasters. Fallen power lines are very dangerous! It is important to understand those dangers and learn how to properly identify them and protect yourself from harm.
In this lesson, you will learn:
• About the hazards of the electrical utility systems.
• Voltage and its effects on the human body
• Assessing electrical risks in emergency situations
• Step and touch potential: keeping safe distances
• Moving people out of energized areas
• Underground hazards
Southern California Edison representatives will be on hand to answer questions.
Montecito Fire Protection District
595 San Ysidro Rd
Montecito, CA 93108