- Friday November 18th, 2011 :: 04:24 p.m. PST
Recent Lynwood COPS Team Arrests
The following is a recap of the recent proactive efforts by the Century Station - Lynwood COPS Team:
- Deputies from the Lynwood COPS Team conducted a probation search of a residence located in the city of Lynwood. The search yielded a stolen .40 caliber handgun, a sawed-off shotgun, methamphetamine, and marijuana. The probationer, a 25-year-old “Young Crowd” gang member, was arrested for narcotic and firearms violations.
- Deputies from the Lynwood COPS Team conducted a traffic stop of a brand new 2011 Audi S4. The vehicle was recently reported stolen from Santa Ana Police Department’s jurisdiction. Both the driver and passenger were arrested for the stolen vehicle.
- The Lynwood COPS Team Canine Deputy conducted a traffic stop of a vehicle for vehicle code violations. The driver of the vehicle was arrested for being an unlicensed driver. The narcotic scent K-9 dog “Sita” was deployed inside of the vehicle. “Sita” alerted to a plastic bag that was inside the vehicle. The Canine Deputy searched the plastic bag and found it contained approximately 10 pounds of methamphetamine. The suspect was subsequently charged with transportation of a controlled substance.
- The Lynwood COPS Team received information of a large amount of narcotics being sold out of a residence. A search of the residence produced a partial AR-15 rifle, a pump-action .762 caliber rifle, .22 caliber handgun, .40 caliber semi-automatic handgun, and approximately 13-ounces of methamphetamine.
- Deputies from the Lynwood COPS Team contacted a suspicious male in a vehicle. The deputies saw the male attempt to hide a loaded gun underneath his seat. Subsequent investigation revealed the male is an active gang member from the Compton Barrio Los Padrinos gang.
- Deputies from the Lynwood COPS Team conducted a traffic stop of a vehicle. During the course of their investigation they discovered the passenger was in possession of methamphetamine. The Lynwood COPS team responded to the passenger’s residence and discovered the passenger was hiding approximately 40-pounds of marijuana in his grandfather’s converted garage-residence.
- Deputies from the Lynwood COPS Team conducted a search of a residence and recovered an AK type assault rifle and a .22 caliber long-rifle. The owner of the residence was arrested for firearm violations.
LASD - Century Station, Los Angeles County Sheriff
11703 Alameda St
Lynwood, CA 90262