- Tuesday October 11th, 2011 :: 12:17 p.m. EDT
Celebrate National Fire Protection Week at Three Fire Station Open Houses
October 9 – 15 is National Fire Prevention Week! This year’s theme is “Protect Your Family From Fire.” It’s all about keeping you, your family, and the community safer from fire. The Saint Paul Fire Department is hosting open houses in three of our fire stations on Saturday, October 15 from 11:00a until 3:00p. This is a great opportunity to meet Saint Paul Firefighters and Paramedics and learn important life skills that will help keep you safe from tragic fires.
WHAT: Fire Station Open Houses. Fun-filled family activities that will include:
• Fire Station Tours
• Fire Safety Activities
• Homeowners can sign up for Project Safe Haven for a free smoke alarm, a carbon monoxide detector, and a stovetop fire extinguisher.
• See firefighting equipment and apparatus
• Firefighter recruitment information.
• Dramatic live-fire kitchen safety demonstration. Feel the heat! Cooking is the leading cause of building fires.
• FREE stickers and stuff for the kids who complete the “Wheel of Safety” game.
WHERE: Fire Station 4, 505 E. Payne Ave. (kitchen safety demo at 11:00)
Fire Station 19, 2530 Edgecumbe Rd. (kitchen safety demo at 12:30)
Fire Station 22, 225 Front Ave. (kitchen safety demo at 2:00)
WHEN: Saturday, October 15, 11:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
WHY: To “Protect Your Family From Fire”
Saint Paul Fire Department
645 Randolph Ave
St Paul, MN 55102