- Wednesday October 5th, 2011 :: 05:07 p.m. EDT
Focus on Fire Safety: Protect Your Family.
Focus on Fire Safety: Protect Your Family from Fire
Fires can strike anywhere – in buildings, automobiles, and the outdoors – but fires that affect our homes are often the most tragic and the most preventable. Over 75% percent of all fire fatalities occur in home fires.
This year's National Fire Prevention Week (October 9-15) theme is Protect Your Family from Fire. You can protect your family by:
• Installing smoke alarms on every level of your home,
• Testing smoke alarms once a month,
• Changing smoke alarm batteries at least once a year, and
• Making and practicing a home fire escape plan.
City of Grand Haven
519 Washington Ave.
Grand Haven, MI 49417
Captain Rick Yonker
Department of Public Safety