- Thursday June 23rd, 2011 :: 10:19 a.m. CDT
Spike in auto burglaries in Deer Creek area being investigated by OCSO.
OCSO INVESTIGATES AUTOMOBILE BURGLARIES IN DEER CREEK AREA
(Edmond, Oklahoma) The Oklahoma County Sheriff’s Office (OCSO) has received 10 automobile burglary calls between June 3rd and June 19th in the Deer Creek area. Most of the burglaries occurred between N. May to the west and N. Western to the east between NW 234th and NW 206th, it’s estimated more than $10,000.00 worth of items were stolen. The majority of vehicles targeted had valuables in plain sight, or were unlocked. Here are some tips to keep from becoming a victim of an automobile burglary:
• Don’t leave valuables in your car. If you must leave items in your car at least place them out of sight, or lock them away inside of your glove box.
• Lock all your vehicle’s doors, roll up the windows, and if you have a car alarm or anti-theft device activate it.
• Park in busy, well lit areas when possible.
• Park inside of your garage and remember to always secure the garage door.
• Keep a list of serial numbers for law enforcement to identify your items when they are located.
If you have information regarding these burglaries please contact the OCSO at (405) 713-1017.
# # #
Oklahoma County Sheriff's Office
201 N Shartel Ave
Oklahoma City, OK 73102