- Thursday August 26th, 2010 :: 04:12 p.m. EDT
Cold Spring Police Department safety advice for shopping. Check email or Nixle website for Cold Spring.
The city experienced a theft of items from a woman's purse at one of our local businesses. I would like to remind people of some simple precautions that you can take to keep you from becoming a victim of this crime.
1. Do not place your purse in the top of your shopping cart. It is much safer to keep it on your shoulder.
2. Keep your purse zipped up at all times. This prevents a thief from having the opportunity to take your belongings.
3. Be aware of your surroundings at all times. If a person is making you feel nervous, this is natures way of warning you to be cautious. Heed the warning.
4. Report any suspicious activity to the police right away. If you wait until you get home, the suspicious people may have left the area.
5. Do not leave your purse in a visible place in your car. It is safer when stored concealed within the trunk of your vehicle.
Cold Spring, KY Police Department
5589 E Alexandria Pike
Newport, KY 41076
Cold Spring Police Department